- Venables WN and Ripley BD (2002). Modern Applied Statistics with S
(4th edition). Springer-Verlag, New York. Online material. (Note
earlier editions of this book were titled "Modern Applied Statistics
- Krause A and Olson M (2005). The Basics of S-PLUS (4th edition).
Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Chambers JM (1998). Programing with Data: A Guide to the S
Language. Springer-Verlag, New York. Online
- Venables WN and Ripley BD (2000). S Programming. Springer-Verlag,
- Becker RA, Chambers JM, & Wilks AR (1988). The New S Language.
Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole, Pacific Grove, CA. (Out of print)
- Chambers JM and Hastie TJ (1992). Statistical Models in S. Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole, Pacific Grove, CA. (Out of print)
- Here is the official Splus documentation from Insightful's web site
- Getting Started: Version 6, Version 5.1
- Guide to Statistics, Volume 1: Version 6, Version 5.1
- Guide to Statistics, Volume 2: Version 6, Version 5.1
- Unix User's Guide: Version 6, Version 5.1
- Programmers Guide: Version 6, Version 5.1 not available.
- Statistics 335 Splus/R Overheads
- Introduction to S-Plus/R (September 25, 2003)
- Splus/R intro part 2 (October 2, 2003)
- Trellis graphics (October 9, 2003)
- Models in S-Plus/R (October 16, 2003)
- Programing in S-Plus/R (October 23, 2003)
- An Introduction to S and the Hmisc and Design Libraries by Carlos Alzola and Frank Harrell.
- S for Statistical Data Analysis and Graphics by Frank Harrell.
- R/Rpad Reference
- R tips
- S Archive at StatLib. Note that a number of the
packages available here are very old and may not run correctly under
more current versions of S-Plus.
- S-Plus News e-mail
- S Poetry.
- Insightful - sellers of S-Plus.
- The R Project for Statistical
Computing. To download R to install on your own machine, click on
the CRAN link and
choose a convenient mirror. (Linux, MacOS 8.6 or later, Windows)
functions for running WinBugs from R
- S-Plus 6.0 for Windows (Win 95 or later) is available from Cabot
Library. Catalog listing.
- S-Plus 6.1 (Release 2) for Linux is available from Cabot Library.
- ESS -
Emacs Speaks Statistics
Introduction to ESS + XEmacs for Windows Users of R by John Fox.
- XEmacs. This version of Emacs for Windows contains ESS, plus many other Emacs packages, as part of the main installation.